Anthropology Resources on the Internet
This resource area is meant to be used as a tool for finding information on anthropology that is available on the web. Please note other Resource links to on the left hand site and look at the Careers Development pages for information on funding opportunities.
AAA is not responsible for and does not endorse the following websites, but merely provides the information.
- African American Archaeology Resource Links
- African Archaeology The World Wide Web Virtual Library
- African Diaspora Archaeology Network and Newsletter Information about archaeological studies of African diasporas, including news, current research and Web links
- American Academy in Rome
- Archaeology Excavations - Blog
- ArchaeologyFieldwork.com - Offers employment listings in archaeology and related disciplines, resume postings, field schools, volunteer opportunities, a students section, discussion board, and many resources for those in the internet archaeology community
- The Archaeology Channel (www.archaeologychannel.org)
- ArchNet The World Wide Web Virtual Library for Archaeology
- Dental Analysis in Archaeology
- El Paso Archaeological Society
- Great Archaeology
- Historical Archaeology in Harpers Ferry and Loudoun Valley
- Historical Landscapes of New Philadelphia Information about archaeological investigations at New Philadelphia, Ill., the first U.S. town planned and legally founded by an African-American.
- The International Center for East Asian Archaeology and Cultural History (ICEAACH) Center at Boston University that provides important resources for research and teaching about the archaeology of Central Asia, East Asia, and Southeast Asia
- Loveland Archaeological Society Cultural institution for the past 64 years that features some of the world's foremost archaeologists as guest speakers, as well as extensive exhibits of artifacts.
- National Center for Preservation Technology and Training, National Park Service
- North Carolina Archaeology Compiled by the North Carolina Office of State Archaeology, North Carolina Archaeological Council, and North Carolina Archaeology Society
- Plymouth Colony Archive Project Archives and Analysis of Plymouth Colony, 1620-1691
- The Society for Historical Archeology
- The Society for Industrial Archeology
- Southwestern Archaeology Inc.
- Teach Ludlow, Co: An Archaeological Teaching Tool This website offers information about Ludlow, a digital archive of particular archaeological artifacts from the excavations at Ludlow, Colorado, an online exhibit outlining the history of the Colorado Coalfield Strike and the Ludlow Massacre, and a set of activities for teaching on this subject.
- The Prehistoric Society
Listservs and Discussion Groups
Online Journals and Libraries
News and Media
Organizations and Institutes
- American Indian Film Gallery Gallery of vintage motion pictures on the American Indian experience, free of charge for viewing and downloading for educational purposes.
- Bullfrog Films Leading source of educational videos, with a collection of over 500 titles.
- California Newsreel Resource for films and videos on African cinema, race and diversity and media for educational use.
- DocuSeek Several film distributors' complete collections, films and videos available.
- Ethnoscope Multicultural films & videos.
- EnthnoVisions Ethnographic documentaries for educational use produced by Wilton Martinez in collaboration with anthropologists, indigenous organizations and NGOs, for use in classrooms.
- Images of Anthropology Provides a varied selection of photographs suitable for publication in texts, books, manuscripts, related to different fields of anthropology-archaeology.
- American Museum of Natural History's Margaret Mead Traveling Film & Video Festival
- New Day Films
- Peoples of the World
- Tribal Photography Resource and Gallery Photographic resource supporting tribal survival, the defense of human rights and cultural autonomy of indigenous people.
- Media Education Foundation
- Women Make Movies
AAA is not responsible for and does not endorse the websites on this page or the information they provide.