Provides information resources and job placement services for departments of anthropology (in both academic and non-academic environments), including joint departments. eBrochure (PDF)
To Join or Renew: Contact the Members Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (703) 528-1902.
Through enrollment in the Department Services Program, your department or office will receive the following benefits:
- A complimentary copy of the AnthroGuide* - a $85 value
- Complimentary subscription to Anthropology News* - a $115 value
- Graduate School Fair DSP departments can exhibit their graduate programs at a Graduate School Fair at the AAA Annual Meeting on first-come, first-served basis. This is a great opportunity for graduate programs to connect with potential applicants.
- Complimentary copies of our career DVDs Anthropology: Real People, Real Careers and Beyond Ethnography: Corporate and Design Anthropology. The DVDs tackle the question "what exactly does an applied anthropologist do?". (Available to new members only) - a $55 value
- Free access to the DSP-only listserv for departmental leadership; open only to DSP members. Connect and network with other department chairs and programs and receive special announcements (via the listserv-only newsletter The DSP Bulletin)
- A complimentary set of mailing labels (upon request) of all institutions listed in the AnthroGuide - a $150 value
- Special discounted rate for job listings in Anthropology News and on AAA's searchable career website. DSP members receive a 44% discount for placement ads and for access to our resume database - a $200 or more value
- A booth at no cost at the AAA Annual Meeting Placement Service for interviewing job candidates - a $120 value
- Discounted member rates for AAA publications
- Invitation to the Department Chairs Breakfast and topic session at the AAA Annual meeting
*Community College Department Services Program members are not eligible to receive the complimentary copy of the AnthroGuide or the complimentary subscription to Anthropology News.
DSP enrollment is effective for one year with an annual renewal schedule. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact the Department of Academic Relations, at 703-528-1902 ext. 1181 or email us.
Click here for more resources for departments