• The session organizer mobilizes presenters around a particular topic.
• The session organizer must be a current AAA member (or have received a membership exemption)
• The session organizer will submit the session structure into the Abstract Management System by the session deadline (executive sessions February 15, all other sessions April 15) and will include; the title of the session, keywords, session abstract (500 words), and participant names.
• The organizer should continually remind participants in his/her panel that they must be registered by the April 15 deadline and have uploaded their individual abstracts (if required) in order to remain a part of the panel.
• The session chair moderates the session during the annual meeting.
• The session chair will often deliver an introduction to the session including the topic, presenters and format of the session. The chair is responsible for ensuring that presenters adhere to the strict 15 minute schedule printed in the program
• The chair will conclude the session on time.
• The chair will be a current AAA member (or have obtained a Membership wavier) and will have to register for the meeting by April 15.
• The chair does not submit a paper (unless he/she is also serving as a panelist).
• The discussant is responsible for highlighting the relationship between papers and the topic. He/she should receive copies of the abstracts/papers in advance of the meeting to prepare comments. The discussant will raise critical issues for both the presenters and the audience to think consider.
• The session organizer is responsible for indicating who will serve as discussant on the panel.
• The discussant will be a current AAA member (or have obtained a Membership waiver) and will have to register for the meeting by April 15.
• The discussant does not submit a paper.
• A person may only present one paper OR one poster.
• Paper presenters will present their work for 15 minutes as part of a session.
• Poster presenters will have their poster available for viewing during the duration of the poster session (1 hour and 45 minutes or 105 minutes).
• A paper/poster presenter will be a current AAA member (or have obtained a Membership exemption) and registered for the meeting by April 15.
• A person may only present once as a roundtable participant and not have another primary role on the Annual Meeting program (i.e. paper, poster or installation participant).
• Roundtable participants are not required to submit abstracts.
• A roundtable participant will be a current AAA member (or have obtained a Membership exemption) and registered for the meeting by April 15.
• A person may only present once as an installation participant and not have any other primary role on the Annual Meeting program (i.e. paper, poster or roundtable presenter).
• Installation participants are not required to submit abstracts.
• Installation participants will be a current AAA member (or have obtained a Membership exemption) and registered for the meeting by April 15.
• Co-authors of papers do not have to be AAA members.
• Co-authors are identified by the principal author at the time of submission and do not have to register unless they are planning on attending the meeting.
• Co-authors do not submit abstracts, only the principal author may submit the abstract.
• Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be sent to all submitters via email in July 2014
• Decisions are final; there is no opportunity for appeal.