Objectives: To develop a scientific program representative of the entire discipline so that the AAA Annual Meeting is a major source of important information for the media as well as an important vehicle for keeping AAA members abreast of latest developments across the discipline and for encouraging approaches to research and teaching.
Duration of Committee: Permanent
Committee Reports to: The Executive Board
- To actively develop the program;
- To solicit proposals;
- To develop special sessions (e.g. invited sessions);
- To maximize participation without compromising quality;
- To evaluate time reserved for invited sessions;
- To evaluate papers and sessions referred to them and assign reviewers to assist with evaluations;
- To select chairs for sessions; and
- To recommend schedules for section paper sessions.
Membership and Appointment:
34 members (1 from each AAA Section) Members are appointed by the governing boards of the Sections
Terms of office: One to Two years
Product: AAA Annual Meeting
Meetings and Schedule: The committee meets at each AAA Annual Meeting and performs work between mid-May and mid-June of each year.
Staff Liaison and contact information:
Carla Fernandez, American Anthropological Association, 2200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22201, (o) 703/528-1902, (f) 703/528-3546.