Identify significant issues that are shared among anthropologists from different nations. Develop clear objectives for drawing US and international anthropologists together in ways that benefit anthropology globally. Engage a diversity of international voices and perspectives and involve both academic and applied anthropologists in this endeavor.
Duration of Committee: Permanent
Committee Reports to: The Executive Board
- Meeting participation: Participate in meetings of other anthropological associations across the globe, and streamline the ability of anthropologists from other countries to attend the AAA annual meeting through scholarships, fee waivers, and membership waivers, as well as organized sessions targeted to this audience.
- The CWA AN Column: invite anthropologists from abroad to submit articles to the column
- Working with editors and publishers to achieve greater access to publications/scholarship from non-American scholars.
Membership and Appointment: 9 members (5 appointed, 4 Elected)
- Two Co-Chairs to be appointed by the President
- Three members to be appointed by the President
- Four members to be elected by the general membership
- Ex-officio AAA President
- Ex-officio AAA president-Elect
Product: Written reports to the Executive Board
Meetings and Schedule:
- Annually at the Annual Meeting
- Conference calls as required
Staff Liaison and contact information: Chelsea Horton, American Anthropological Association, 2300 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 1301, Arlington, VA 22201, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (703) 528-1902, Fax (703) 528-3546.
Review Date: 2015
Review Body: Executive Board
Adopted: August 10, 2010