Reports to: Executive Board
Overall Responsibility: Assumes duties in the event of absence, death, resignation or incapacity of the President. Exercises all duties and responsibilities commonly associated with this office. In addition to specific responsibilities noted in the Executive Board member job description, additional responsibilities specific to this office are noted below.
- Serves as Chair of the Long Range Planning committee.
- Represents AAA at the President’s request.
- In the absence of the President, fulfills those duties as noted in the President’s job description.
- Carries out such other duties as may be assigned by the President or by the Executive Board.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of AAA committees (excluding nominations committee).
Selection: The President-Elect is elected by the membership at large.
Term of Office: Two-year term.
Requirements: Same as Executive Board member.
Qualifications: Same as Executive Board member.